Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Quiet Weekend...

It has been a fairly quiet weekend... we were all in the mode of trying to let my husband recuperate. The boys were on good behavior, offering to fetch and carry whenever needed. The eldest also did dishes (by himself and without breaking anything) twice! I got some bread baked and made granola for the coming week. We splurged this morning and I made Blueberry Buckle coffee cake (leaving one end plain for my picky eater).

I have stayed up way too late, but I have finally gotten all the pieces figured out on this recording/uploading thing. Although Audacity won't export in .mp3 format without another program, it works fine in .wav format. So... I just do my editing (to my limited capability, which primarily extends to removing the loud 'click' at the end of each recording), export the files in .wav format and then use my newly purchased file converter to put them back in .mp3 format. Whew!

It doesn't seem so hard now that I have it figured out... I'm inspired to do more before we leave here. With my discovery of the wonderful sound in the church foyer, I want to do a few more soon. This week, I recorded Veni Sancte Spiritus, Veni Creator Spiritus, Regina Caeli, Salve Regina, Kyrie cum Jubilo IX, Sanctus IX, Agnus Dei IX, Kyrie Orbis Factor XI, Sanctus XI, Agnus Dei XI, Alma Redemptoris Mater, Ave Maria (antiphona), Jesu Dulcis and O Salutaris. I had also recorded both versions of the Ave Maris Stella, but think I'll re-do them.

Next week, my recording plan is: Asperges me, Te Deum (solemnis), Gloria XV, Sanctus VIII, Agnus Dei VIII, Requiem Introit, Kyrie for Funerals, In Paradisum/Chorus Angelorum, Ego Sum, and Ecce Panis. That should give us plenty to work on for the coming weeks and perhaps even beyond my departure.

No comments: