Sunday, March 30, 2008

Anniversary Mass


Our first anniversary... We sang for the Novus Ordo Mass yesterday at 5:30 pm. After that, we sang for the Extraordinary Form Mass at 7:00 pm. It took about an hour and 15 minutes (I am guessing, based upon when I looked at the clock in my car on the way home). It was a very good experience. I was very proud of the sound that emanated forth from the choir loft this time. We did learn a few things... for one, we took way too long on the first Alleluia... in future Missas Cantata we will not do any repeating of the alleluia and move a bit more quickly through the music so that Father doesn't have to stand waiting for us to finish up... I'll have to make notes about that so that I don't forget next time.



We will be celebrating together in April with the schola... and planning for Trinity Sunday. We have quite a bit of new music to learn before then, but I think plenty of time.


I'm attaching a photo of the altar at our parish that was taken by one of our schola members from up in the choir loft. He has a blog here... thanks!

No comments: