Monday, January 26, 2009

Reading Update

I'm working on several things right now... Eucharistic Miracles, by Joan Carroll Cruz. I am about 50 pages into it and have been amazed to find out how many instances of Eucharistic miracles there have been over the years. I hope to finish this book in time for our book club meeting this week.

I am also reading a book sent to me by my mother in law -- The World is Flat, by Thomas L. Friedman. I am finding it fascinating. It is a book about the 'flattening' of the world due to the achievements made in modern technology. I am only about a third of the way through the book and am still learning about all the underlying technological advances that allow us the free use of the internet, email, etc. It has become more clear to me why it is that whenever I call for assistance with my computer, or an appliance repair, etc., the young person who answers the phone almost always has an Indian accent.

Lastly, my most recent issue of First Things is sitting on my table beside my bed. I've been reading some of the articles in that latest issue, including one by the late Fr. Richard John Neuhaus. He must have worked nearly up to the end of his life...

Time to get schoolwork going for the boys...

No comments: