Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Music for the Triduum

Holy Thursday

Entrance: Love Divine, All Loves Excelling
Washing of Feet: Ubi Caritas
Offertory: What Wondrous Love
Communion: One Bread, One Body (I know... not my favorite, but the parishioners love it)
Transfer of Eucharist: Pange Lingua (English) and Tantum Ergo (English)

My two boys will be altar servers at Mass and are looking forward to using the incense.

Good Friday

Veneration: Were You There (I wish we could have done the reproaches, but the parish is still not completely used to my Gregorian tendencies)
Stabat Mater (English)
Communion: Psalm 22
O Sacred Head Surrounded

We will (most assuredly) not be singing "Behold the Wood". I still get a chuckle whenever I realize how closely the verses match the tune of Gilligan's Island...

No comments: