Monday, September 22, 2008

Our Schola is growing...

As of this evening, I am in need of more Parish Book of Chant books. Yes... our group has grown again. With four new people in attendance this evening, I am down to just one (or possibly two) books left from my stock purchased this summer. We are still taking baby steps, working on understanding the notation, learning the rudiments of solfege, and working on ordinaries of the Mass. The group is very enthusiastic and I think we will continue to grow over the next few months. This is a great stage for newcomers, since we are all working on basics now. If, over time, I can see that we continually have newcomers who need to learn beginning stuff, I may have to make arrangements for a short course for those folks separate from the regular schola practice in order to allow us to progress past the ordinaries.

We ended our rehearsal by praying the Ave Maria (in Latin, of course).

No comments: