Thursday, May 1, 2008

Much Ado

This has been a very busy week... many preparations are taking place to get ready for our bishop-elect's ordination/installation. I've been trying to get in as much practice as I can while my better half is still in town -- it means babysitters to attend rehearsals after he leaves. Not only is it expensive, it is not always easy to find them!

The last two evenings I have spent rehearsing for the ordination (to be at the convention center on May 19), the upcoming 'Red Mass' (when Cardinal Egan from NY will be here) that will be tomorrow morning at Holy Trinity, and the Holocaust remembrance this Sunday afternoon. Just so that I don't get bored this weekend, we luckily will also have the boys' Suzuki concert on Saturday afternoon and my hubby's change of command ceremony on early Sunday afternoon -- oh, yes... I'm also cantoring for the 5:30 pm Sunday Mass.

Whew! It is a good thing I have just mentally listed all those things... otherwise I might have dropped something off the list!

Tonight will be our schola rehearsal... we are going to be singing a few pieces for prelude music prior to the beginning of the Vespers service on May 18th. I'd like them to be especially nice, so we'll go through some of our repertoire tonight and decide what we'll focus on polishing up. Our task is to provide about 15 minutes' worth of chant music... I am very pleased that we are going to be able to participate for it.

Time to get the house spiffy in case a buyer wants to wander through today...

No comments: